Why are preschool programmes good for your child?
Preschool helps children:
- get new knowledge and skills – for example, they start learning more about numbers, letters and words
- improve their communication and social skills through playing and interacting with other children and adults
- make new friends and develop new relationships with adults
- develop physical skills – for example, children learn to balance on play equipment and practise fine motor skills like drawing with a pencil and cutting with scissors
- develop problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- develop responsibility, independence, confidence and self-worth through doing things like looking after their own belongings and spending time away from home
- get ready for the transition to primary school.
article from https://raisingchildren.net.au/